Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 2, 2020

Zucchini Appetizer breakfast dish

 


3 cups sliced zucchini

1 cup all-purpose baking mix

½ cup chopped onion

½ teaspoon salt

6 eggs, beaten

½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese

½ cup of mixed parmesan and Romano cheese

½ cup vegetable oil

1 clove garlic, minced

¼ teaspoon each of dried basil and oregano


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or (180 C), lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish, and set aside

Use a food processer to shred zucchini and onions. Place both in a large bowl along with all other ingredients and mix until everything is mixed completely.  

Once the mixture is combined, spread it out in the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.  

Side note: I have made this dish for years not only as my breakfast meal but also for breakfast meetings or brunches. I like to include mushrooms, spinach or cooked sausage, or ham into the mixture before cooking. I also like to sprinkle the top with extra cheese to give me more flavor. 

I make this as often as possible because it's my breakfast meal that I eat just about every day with two links of sausage, coffee, and juice. Plus it's great for that in-between snack to keep you going between lunch and dinner. This dish also freezes well and can be reheated in the microwave in about a minute or two depending on the size of the piece. Enjoy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment