Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Poultry Seasoning


I can remember one Thanksgiving I was in the middle of preparing dinner and realized I didn't buy any poultry seasoning for the bird. Thank heaven my brother-in-law George was awake because he didn't blink and eye and started pulling down variouos herbs from my pantry, then grabbed my mortar and pestle and began mixing various herbs together to make homemade poultry seasoning. Actually it was better than store bought. Here's the recipe he taught me all those years ago that I've used ever since. 

2 1/2 teaspoons ground dried sage
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried margoram
3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
3/4 teaspoon griun nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon course black pepper corns
1/2 teaspoon White Pepper

Mix all ingredients together in your mortal and pestle until finely ground to a powder then spread over turkey or chicken and cook as usual. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment