Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Frittata


 

Frittata

The Frittata has a long history behind it going back to Italy where it was created. I first learned how to make a frittata when I was about six years old when my father used to take me to his friend’s home where the cook, Mrs. Verdaccia taught me how to cook Italian food. I used to love visiting her and would beg my father to take me to his friend’s home often.  I remember Mrs. V, tell me that there were many variations to cooking a Frittata, there is the Italian way, the Spanish way and the middle eastern way. The Italian version she told me was filled with meat, cheese and veggies, whereas the Spanish version was with cubed potato.  She made me one of the Spanish versions once but I didn’t like it, it was bland. But I loved the Italian version because it had ham, onions, peppers and cheese. Yum.  Todays, Frittata doesn’t have the peppers in it because I didn’t have any peppers the day I made it, but I will make one soon and show you what it looks like. This recipe serves 4 people, but since I am only me eating, I only used 2 eggs.

 

Ingredients:

6 eggs

1 tsp dried oregano

1 cup shredded chedder cheese

½ cup diced ham steak or picnic ham

1 plum tomato, diced

½ green bell pepper, diced

1 -1/2 cups diced onion

1/8 tsp pepper

 

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a 9-inch pan with cooking spray, I used butter spray.  Whisk eggs with oregano and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cheese, ham, pepper, tomatoes and onions, mix together then pour into pan and evenly distribute the veggies in the mixture.

Bake for approximately 30 minutes until egg is cooked and firm.  Serve with fruit or a green salad for breakfast, brunch or lunch. I’ve had this for dinner on occasion. Enjoy

Author Elizabeth Kilbride is a former political operative, author, scriptwriter, historian, journalist. business professional, and creative artist, and life coach consultant. Ms. Kilbride holds a Masters in Criminology and a BS in Business Management who stepped out of the loop for a while, but who is now back with a powerful opinion and voice in the direction of this country and our economy. As a life coach, she is available to counsel individuals to enjoy their dreams and a better life. Ms. Kilbride loves to travel, photograph her surroundings and is also a gourmet cook who loves to garden and preserve food for the winter months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment